The plastic artist Domingos da Silva, born in 1955 in a family of goldsmiths in Travassos, municipality of Póvoa de Lanhoso, received his initial training in Braga at the Calouste Gulbenkian Conservatory under the guidance of Professor Nuno Barreto, followed by the Soares dos Reis Decorative Arts Schools and the Arvore Art Teaching Cooperative, both in Porto. He began by teaching Ceramics at the Soares dos Reis school where he had studied, after which other schools in the country were running. Nowadays he is dedicated entirely to the arts.
Its multifaceted art encompasses various forms of expression, various techniques and various materials used.
His works include several private collections and public institutions such as the monument to the 25th of April in Póvoa de Lanhoso, the Judicial Court of the Comarca of Vieira do Minho, the Maria da Fonte Museum, the Santa Casa da Misericórdia Hospital Póvoa de Lanhoso etc.
At the same time he has collaborated with several companies, currently working on stained glass windows, in partnership with Trofa's "Provitral".